Here is the link we used in class. USe the Combo link at the top to research your meal. From that you can chose individual item to see each item separately. the “micro” tab will let you see items sorted by total calories, fat calories, and sodium.
Here is the Link to use
5th Graders, please fill out the following surveys. When you are done, click “Submit.”
X Space: Nutrition
user id: teachertalks
Click on Science.
Click on Human Body.
Click on Nutrition.
Type in Food Poisoning in the search bar.
Click on Botulism and read.
Click on E. Coli and read.
Keep Germs Out of Your Food
Basics for Handling Food Safely
Here is the link to the activity completed in class today. Many students requested that it be posted, so that they could try it on their own.
The Scholastic News assignment for tonight should be to read pages 4-5 and page 14 and complete the News IQ’s.
If you want to order books online, the activation code is GR767. Online orders will be accepted until Sunday, December 5th.
Use the following links to complete the homewok due 11/12.
Here are the websites that were used in class.
Students are asked to visit the sites. and create a tessellation using the shodor interactive site.. For Friday please help them copy and print the shape they created and the tessellation they made to use in class.
Printing Tessellation Images
The output of the activities in Project Interactivate are created “on the fly” by a computer
language called JAVA. As a result, they are not regular images in standard image format, so the
“PRINT” button on Netscape or Internet Explorer will not likely produce an acceptable print.
These instructions should enable you and your students to copy and print ou t results from your
explorations, to annotate them, and to make them part of any assessment.
For PC/Windows Users
1. Be sure the part of the output that you want to copy is on the screen.
2. Hit the “Print Screen” button (PrSc, PrtScr, etc.). This copies an images of the screen to
3. Open your favorite writing or drawing program. These instructions describe the process
for the “Paint” accessory (START–> Programs –> Accessories –> Paint).
4. “Paste” the clipboard into the application.
5. Use the “crop” tool of you want to select only part of the image. Select the part of the
image that you want to keep, then “Cut”, open a New File (no need to save the old one),
and “Paste” the desired portion into the new file.
6. You may annotate using the text tool.
7. Now you may print the file.
For Macintosh Users
1. Hold down one of the following combinations of keys:
? Flower+shift+3 creates a picture file of the entire screen.
? Flower+shift+4 creates a picture file of a rectangular section of the screen. (After
pressing and releasing the key combination, drag across the part of the screen you
want to take a picture of.)
? Flower+shift+4+capslack creates a picture file of a window. (After pressing and
releasing the key combination, click the window you want to take a picture of.)
2. Note: To copy a section of the screen or a window to the Clipboard instead of saving it as
a file, press the Control key as you select the part of the screen or window.
3. Paste or insert into your favorite drawing or writing program.
4. Print. –