On Thursday November 10, 2016 fourth grade students and the MCCPS community welcomed and honored veterans from the Marblehead area. After the community meeting, the fourth grade students had the opportunity to shake the hands and say “thank you” to those who came to visit us today.
A special shoutout to Mrs. Dolan who came to visit the fourth grade classrooms and talk about her experience in the Marine Corp. She showed us pictures of where she was stationed which just so happens to be the area that the fourth graders are currently studying in Global Studies (Mesopotamia). We discussed how the plants and animals look very different over there than they do here in Marblehead.
Thank you to all who came out to teach our students! Happy Veterans Day!
Students read the book Miss Nelson is Missing as part of our subject/predicate lesson. We sequenced the story and brainstormed paragraph ideas. Students came up with creative topic sentences and used graphic organizers to create a cohesive paragraph. Then they wrote a paragraph as a part of a team. The competition ensued. Great work 4th graders!
Check out our Mentor/Mentee Halloween work time!
Upcoming Special events- Mark your calendars!
- Halloween Dance 10/28/16
- Mentor/Mentee afternoon of fun 10/28/16 (students only)
- 1/2 Day 11/3/16
- No School on Veterans Day 11/11/16
- Big Quiz Thing 11/19/16 (adults only!)
- Exhibition 11/21/16 at 6pm
What’s happening in class?
- Math/Science (Kriger)
- Finish animal research and begin rough draft
- *Students need to bring in a printed side view (profile) picture of their animal 4 x 6 (black and white) by Friday 10/28
- Practice multiplication facts (especially 6, 7, 8)
- Larger multiplication questions (2-digit by 2-digit up to 3-digit by 3-digit)
- ELA/ Global Studies (Aldrich)
- Unit 6 spelling quiz on Tuesday 10/25/16
- Continue Mesopotamia Unit and start new book Tale of Despereaux
Please remember to check your child’s agenda daily and sign book log weekly. Also, please check school website for sports and other events. If you have further questions, feel free to contact the 4th Grade Team at any time.
4th Grade Team